Job Explorer Database - Features
- Information on 847 jobs (over 2300 career titles)
- Fully revised and updated annually
- Accessible easy-to-read essential job information
- Further in-depth information about each job
- Pay graph for each job, showing how pay changes with experience
- Qualification requirements and training pathways information for each job, organised to make it easy to find what you need at 14+, 16+ and 18+
- Work experience information for each job
- Adult entry information for each job
- Over 330 high quality video case studies - see people doing their jobs, not just talking about them
- Over 3500 pictures of real people doing real jobs
- Factsheets explaining various job explorer topics
- Quizzes to suggest where to start looking
- Top-tens and on-this-day – fun new ways into jobs
- My Jed record. All-in-one page showing students' complete quiz answers, notes, and job suggestions. Save your quiz and notes to resume from later. Print out and keep as a record of your work.
- Jed profiles. Create customised versions of Jed to use with different user groups.
- Links to Higher Ideas (additional licence required) for suggestions on related higher education courses
- All-in-one print page. Get all the information you want about a job in a single printout.
- Glossary. Pop-up definitions for key words in the text.
- Treasure Hunts. Engage your users with collaborative games.
- Add your own web links. Include links to your Local Area Prospectus, Careers Service, or other links you choose.
- Help videos. Short movies that show how to use Jed.
- Text to speech. Feature reads the on-screen text out loud (internet only).
- Use at home. Home access for students on your subscription.
- One subscription covers your whole site (site licence only)
- Access from anywhere (personal licence only)
- Install it, or use your subscription from the internet. All features are available on the internet version except for localising.
- First Jed. Included with Jed is First Jed.
- Complies with W3C accessibility guidelines
New for 2016-17
- Updated throughout for new GCSE number grades in England
- Lots of new factsheets added, with a new link from the home page
- New jobs added and existing jobs reviewed and updated
- New videos and picture sets added
- Text-to-speech updated and made available throughout Jed
Find out more
Find out more about who uses Jed.
Last updated 27 May, 2016